Animal Control

  Dog Adoptions
  Cat Adoptions
  Rescues and Transfers
  Lost and Found
  Spay and Neuter
  How You Can Help



City of Lufkin Animal Services employees are members of the Southwest Texas Animal Care and Control Association. Animal Service employees are also certified with the association.

City of Lufkin Animal Services employees are also members of the National Animal Control Association

Texas Department of Health Zoonosis Control - Diseases transmisable to man from animals.




Volunteer to Walk Dogs


Volunteers are needed to walk Dogs.  Dogs get depressed being caged at the shelter all the time and taking them to our Paw Park and playing with them and walking them gives them more pep and vitality.  Consequently, they have a much better chance at being adopted when they feel better and have pep and vitality.  If you would like to volunteer to walk dogs in our adjacent Paw Park, call the Kurth Memorial Animal Shelter at 633-0318.  Help improve our pets adoption chances, walk a dog.


Make a Donation

Kurth Memorial Animal Services and Adoption Center accepts monetary donations and donations of kitty litter from citizens.  We always need kitty litter. We have lots of food donated by caring retailers to include Brookshire Brothers and Wal-Mart.  We are usually are in good shape for food, but have to purchase large quantities of kitty litter every month. We also take monetary donations that can be used help defray the costs of medication. We also take donations in Memoriam of persons or pets.  If you would like to make a donation, please call 633-0218 or go by Kurth Memorial Animal Services at 1901 Hill Street. Hill Street runs between Raquet and Frank Streets.