Planning and Zoning

  P & Z Meeting Agenda
  Zone Changes
  Zoning Maps
  Zoning Ordinance
  Zoning Ordinance PDF
  Zoning Application
  Comprehensive Plan
  Contact Us
  Annexation Plan
  Board of Adjustments and Appeals
  Hearing Schedule
  P & Z Commission
  Special Use Permit
  Permitted Uses Info
  Permitted Uses Chart

Online Zoning Assistant
  Facade Improvement Program

Zoning Related Links

  Lufkin ISD
  E D Corporation
  Chamber of Commerce

Planning Related Links

  American Planning Assoc.
  Texas APA




Zoning Ordinance


Each property located within the City of Lufkin has a zoning designation that determines the uses that are permitted on that property.  There is an official zoning map (located in Room 221 at City Hall) and a zoning ordinance (most recent version revised October 19, 2010) that work together.  The map determines the zoning locations and the ordinance addresses the regulations that apply to each zoning category.


The Zoning Ordinance provides the following information for each zoning classification:

The permitted uses

The minimum area of the lot

The setback (from property lines) requirements

The maximum height of the structures

The minimum depth of the lot

The minimum area of the dwelling

The Zoning Ordinance also regulates exceptions to the requirements  and supplemental development regulations which includes the landscaping requirements.


An application can be made to change the zoning on any piece of property within the city if the proposed use is not permitted under the current zoning.  You may download an Rezoning Application in PDF format or pick one up at City Hall, Room 221.


There may be cases where the proposed use requires a Special Use Permit to be allowed under the current zoning classification.  If the Special Use Permit is granted by the Planning and Zoning Commission then the current zoning will remain the same with the Special Use also being permitted.


If you would like a copy of the Zoning Ordinance you can download a free PDF from the menu or they are for sale in Room 221 or by calling 936-633-0247 for $10 (B&W) and $30 (color).