• Marijuana use within the past three years
• Tattoos that cannot be covered by the Department-issued uniform
- (Tattoos MAY NOT be covered by hair, makeup, bandages, watches or jewelry;
MUST be covered by the UNIFORM – NO EXCEPTIONS)
• DWI/DUI conviction within the past 10 years
• Conviction of a Class A misdemeanor
• Conviction of a Class B misdemeanor within the past 10 years
• Conviction of family violence
• Having an outstanding warrant of any kind at the time of application
- (even as a result of a traffic offense)
Still have questions? Contact LPD Recruiter Det. John Davis at 936-633-0362.
For a full list of disqualifiers per Department policy click here.