Thank you for considering adoption from our animal shelter. We want to help you get the right animal for your home. We highly encourage you to bring all people and other pets living in your home to meet our adoptable animals before making the final decision.
To view adoptable pets, you can check PetHarbor. You can also download the mobile version of PetHarbor on your smartphone in the appropriate app store.
Before You Adopt
- Have you prepared your home to receive the new animal? Pets need food, water, toys, bedding, collars, and leashes. It is always good to get these items before bringing the pet home.
- Have you researched what breed is best for you and your family?
- What activity level do you want in a pet? Some are very active and need regular exercise.
- Adopting a pet is a significant endeavor. Please take this commitment seriously and think about all of the responsibilities that go along with pet ownership.
- Give your pet plenty of time to adjust to its new home.
- Come to the shelter and spend time with the animal to see if it is a match.
- Complete the adoption application and adoption contract.
- You will need to provide proof from a landlord if you rent that you can have animals on the property.
- A fence check may be required for some animals before adoption approval.
The regular adoption fee is $70.99 per animal for both cats and dogs. This fee includes the spay/neuter, the first round of shots, a free wellness-exam, and a microchip.