Stay up-to-date with the latest on re-opening Texas from the Governor's office.
City officials also want to remind the public of additional precautions and guidelines set forth by the CDC.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
You can monitor the latest CDC updates at: cdc.gov.
Lufkin City Council Monthly Meetings
Lufkin City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month.
Check the city's calendar for exact dates
There is a new free tool to help you save money on your water bill.
AquaHawk is a billing Alert System, a service for the City of Lufkin customers that will enable you to efficiently manage your water usage and lower your monthly bills. Customers who are interested in the service must register to create a new account to receive notifications.
After you register, AquaHawk will analyze your water usage with the customer portal and can notify you of the following after you set your alert thresholds.
AquaHawk allows you to specify an amount of water (gallons) or an estimated bill amount (dollars) that you don’t want to exceed. If your water consumption or bill amount has exceeded or is projected to exceed the threshold value, AquaHawk will send you a notification.
You will need your service address and account number, which can be found on your monthly water bill, to create your account. View your water consumption, set a monthly water budget, receive timely leak alerts, and control your expenses with AquaHawk.